Evaluarea subiectului:
  • 0 voturi - 0 în medie
Thread Contributor: yyys123to compete in practice, y
NEW YORK -- Once Anthony Davis went down, Ryan Anderson stepped up to keep the New York Knicks on their losing ways. Anderson made seven 3-pointers and scored 31 points, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame Davis loss to a broken left hand to hand the Knicks their ninth straight loss, 103-99 on Sunday night. "When Ryan comes into the game, he doesnt think like a bench guy," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. "He thinks like Im playing 35 minutes and Ive got to do my job. Obviously we dont expect him to score 31 points, but I will take it." Tyreke Evans added 24 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter, as the Pelicans sent the Knicks to their seventh straight home loss. "Obviously we played against a desperate team tonight," Williams said. "But, were desperate, too. Any time you can win on the road, winning eight games period, is special in the NBA." The Pelicans, now 8-8, are last in the NBAs Southwest Division but would be in first place in the Atlantic. Toronto currently is atop the standings at 6-10 -- and the last-place Knicks (3-13) are only three games back. Davis had seven points and four rebounds in the first quarter before leaving with what the Pelicans said was a non-displaced fracture in his left hand. The team said a timetable for his return has not been determined. "I was going up for a lob, got fouled and then hit my hand on the rim," Davis said. "I havent found anything out yet. Most definitely I hope its a short-term thing. I didnt think it would keep me out, but it did." Carmelo Anthony finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds, while rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. had a career-high 21 points for the Knicks, who havent won at home since beating Milwaukee on Oct. 30 in their season opener. "Nine straight, eight straight, whatever we lost, we just cant seem to get it together," Anthony said. "Cant seem to figure it out, but we have to. We dont have no choice but to figure this out." In a game that featured 12 ties and 17 lead changes, the Pelicans trailed 93-88 after Hardaways 3-pointer with 6:42 remaining. However, New Orleans then scored the next 10 points, as Evans started the streak with a three-point play and ended it with two free throws with 2:46 left. The Knicks pulled within three on Anthonys 3-pointer with 54 seconds left. But, after a Pelicans turnover, Hardaway and Anthony missed potential game-tying 3s and Evans hit a free throw with 15 seconds remaining to secure the win. "I thought down the stretch we played on our heels," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. "We had so many breakdowns again on the ball defence. We are not taking pride in guarding. Ive got to find some identity with this team. Somehow we have to get this monkey off our back." Neither team led by more than seven points in the game. A 19-8 run by the Knicks gave them their biggest lead of the game, 49-42, on Hardaways 3-pointer with 19 seconds left in the second quarter. Anderson scored inside with a second left before halftime to make it a five-point game. "We knew we had to step up defensively and eliminate easy shots and we did that in the second half," said Anderson, who also made seven 3-pointers in a game at Madison Square Garden while playing for Orlando during the 2011-12 season. "We outplayed them and imposed our will." New Orleans had an 8-0 run in the third to open its biggest lead at 76-69 on Evans layup with 52 seconds left. Jrue Holiday finished with 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pelicans. Andrea Bargnani had 17 points for the Knicks. J.R. Smith and Raymond Felton each had 12. "We lost and its killing me right now," Felton said. "We need to find a way to end this losing streak. I dont care how ugly it is." The win for the Pelicans was just their second in the last 10 meetings between the teams. NOTES: The last time the Knicks lost nine in a row was March 19-April 4, 2006, under Larry Brown. The Knicks also lost 10 in a row that season from Jan. 28-Feb. 13. The Knicks havent won since a 95-91 victory at Atlanta on Nov. 13. Custom Basketball Jerseys . Both sides of the deal have formally announced acquisitions: TFC introduced Jozy Altidore as a designated player on Friday, while their counterparts announced a three-and-a-half-year deal with Jermain Defoe. Fake Basketball Jerseys Authentic .1 Sam Stosur will meet Germanys second-ranked player Andrea Petkovic in the opening match of the Fed Cup World Group semifinal. https://www.fakebasketballjerseys.com/ .ca NHL Power Rankings, finally overtaking the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks, who rank second and third this week. Cheap Basketball Jerseys . Whenever United loses, its crisis.  When other top teams slip up, its the quirky nature of the Premier League.  The predictable reaction speaks to the sky-high expectations for a team proven perennial contender and 13 times Premier League champion. Replica Basketball Jerseys .ca. Hi Kerry, Thursday nights Bruins-Blackhawks game had a goal by Patrice Bergeron initially waved off by the referee, but video review clarified it was a good goal.CHICAGO - Derrick Favors and the Utah Jazz wanted to match the intensity of the Chicago Bulls, and they certainly accomplished that goal on Wednesday night.Favours collected 20 points and 11 rebounds, and Utah had a strong defensive effort in a 97-77 victory over the Bulls.The Jazz held the Bulls to a season-low point total on just 28-of-84 (33.3 per cent) shooting. The Bulls were averaging 103.1 points.I think we just wanted to come out and be physical because we know Chicago is gonna be physical, Favors said. We wanted to come out and match their intensity, match their physicality and I think we did a good job of that.Gordon Hayward had 18 points for Utah (13-23), and Trey Burke scored 17. Seven of the Jazzs wins have come on the road.I think it was a team effort; collectively, we played great on the defensive end, Burke said. We knew they were one of the greater defensive teams in the NBA, so we knew it was gonna be an aggressive game. I think for 48 minutes we competed.Jimmy Butler led the Bulls with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and reserve Taj Gibson added 15 points.Chicago point guard Derrick Rose had just seven points on 3-for-15 shooting. The 2011 NBA MVP is shooting 25.5 per cent (28 for 110) in his last six games.We just wasnt making any shots; I know I wasnt making any shots, Rose said. Losing the way we did tonight, it hurt.The Bulls (25-11) went 3-2 on a five-game homestand. They are 11-7 at home this season and have come out flat against teams with losing records a few times.Youre always concerned, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. I dont want to overreact, but I dont want to underreact, either.With outside temperatures dropping below zero, the United Center was colder than usual — and the first-half shooting was quite chilly for both teams.The Bulls were just 13 for 46 (28.3 per cent) from the field in the first half, including 0-for-13 shooting by their starting backcourt of Rose (0 for 9) and Kirk Hinrich.Utah suffered through 2-for-16 shooting over the first 10 minutes of the second quarter, but closed the first half with an 8-2 spurt for a 36-32 halftime lead.ddddddddddddThe Jazz carried the momentum into the second half, opening the third period with a 13-5 surge.Following a timeout, the Bulls responded with a 9-0 run to trim Utahs lead to 49-46 with six minutes left in the third. Rose, who missed his first 10 shots, made back-to-back baskets on a driving layup and a short-range floater.They had a chance to move even closer, but they had turnovers on back-to-back possessions, and Utah increased its advantage to 63-51 heading into the fourth quarter. The Jazz then opened the final period with a 14-3 run for a 77-54 lead with nine minutes to play.We caught them on a tough night, Utah coach Quin Snyder said. But that doesnt diminish the fact that we were clicking a little bit on the defensive end.WORK IN PROGRESSWith Rose mired in a slump, Thibodeau tried to take the big view. Rose was sidelined by injuries for much of the previous few seasons.You have to understand, hes been out for 2 1/2 years, Thibodeau said. When you get away from that competition for 2 1/2 years, it doesnt come back in a week. You have to compete in practice, you have to compete getting yourself ready and you have to keep going.There are gonna be some bumps in the road. As long as he keeps stringing games together, hell figure it out. I have a lot of confidence in that.FORCE IN PAINTOne of the reasons for Utahs strong defence was centre Rudy Gobert, who had 11 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks. He also altered many Bulls attempts down low.TIP-INSJazz: Burke returned after missing the previous game with strep throat. Center Enes Kanter (right ankle sprain) missed his third straight game, and Alec Burks (left shoulder surgery) and Rodney Hood (left foot inflammation) are out indefinitely.Bulls: Forward Mike Dunleavy (right ankle) was listed as questionable, but missed his third straight game. He might be ready to return over the weekend.UP NEXTJazz: Visit Oklahoma City on Friday.Bulls: Visit Washington on Friday. ' ' '
Răspunde

Săritura forum:

Utilizator(i) care navighează în acest subiect: 1 Musafir(i)